Julia Hoover Women’s Missionary Society
The Julia Hoover Women’s Missionary Society is comprised of women and men devoted to serving mankind by spreading the good works of God. The missionaries have formed a number of partnerships with other organizations in the community such as OLSHA’s AIDS/HIV outreach program, St. Joseph Mercy Hospital and the HAVEN just to name a few. Other activities include:
- Friday Outreach Program where those that are less fortunate can receive a hot nutritious meal and other assistance where needed.
- Distribute Thanksgiving & Christmas Baskets to the community
- Supplied clothing, school supplies and other items for mission trips to the Dominican Republic, Trinidad and Africa.
- Donation of blankets to the Regency Nursing Home, St. Joseph Faith Nursing Program and those in hospice care.
- Visitation each month to the Regency Nursing Home where we fellowship and conduct a worship service with the residents.
- Distribute food baskets weekly
- Participate weekly in prayer conference calls with the Michigan Conference and 4th District of A.M.E. Church
- Acknowledge Breast Cancer Awareness and Domestic Violence Awareness Month with various activities.
- Sewing love pouches and scarves for A Daughter’s Heart, a non-profit organization in California that supplies these pouches to cancer patients.
- Financially support individuals and/or organizations where needed.
|President||Evangelist Valerie Bates|
|First Vice President||Sis. Brenda Spann|
|Second Vice President||Sis. Patricia Strickland|
|Third Vice President||Sis. Athena Wynter|
|Treasurer||Sis. Constance Thomason|
|Recording Secretary||Sis Oweda Mayfield|
|Corresponding Secretary||Sis Darlene Gholston|
|Worship Leader||Sis Gwendolyn Sain|
|P.M.E. Director||Sis. Cassie Davis|
|Y.P.D. Director||Sis. Athena Wynter|
WHAT IS A MISSIONARY?
One of God’s chosen who is a caring committed Christian, energized to do His work through service and servanthood; by meeting the needs and concerns of others which encompasses Local to Global Outreach. “Go ye into all the world….”
We are called to strengthen our faith and sent to continue the ministry of Jesus Christ by service and witness in the world.